• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I’m frozen in motion; Rosey
    She is almost too busy burying her dark face into the broadness of his muscled chest when he says that a dragon is never late. An ear flicks to the side and Rosey pushes her nose against the ice scales that line her father's skin. The little filly smiles and then snorts softly, blowing out a breathe of frost she knows her sire most likely won't feel.

But still, Roselin likes to remind her father that she thinks he should have been here hours ago.

The filly is too close and too unpracticed her magic to be skilled with it and there are bits of ice that cling to the whiskers near her nose. It makes the girl sneeze abrubtly and she jerks her head up in an attempt to shake away the still-frozen pieces that remain. Another shake removes the last of the offending parts and Roselin takes a step back, peering up to Leilan with a rueful smile. "Sorry Da," she murmurs and then illuminates her apology with her markings so that her sire might see it.

Roselin comes closer again and leans into Leilan's embrace, allowing the shadows that he carries to wrap her up as well. The tall stallion is reaching down for the tufts of her pale mane and she returns the gesture by tenderly touching the tattoos that swirl against his skin. "Can you make these glow?" she asks breathlessly, giving away that this is a game she has played with her father many times before. "Not too bright," Rosey warns, "or it might wake up Oren or Reave." Her nose crinkles at the thought, "or both."

If both her brothers were awake, Roselin would lose this alone time with @[Leilan]. And as happy as she is to share, she likes these stolen moments with him; his girl, she has heard him call her. Her Da.

"Or you would make Leonidas jealous," she whispers. Her knowledge of the bonded star is limited - especially when there are brothers and nieces and nephews to distract her - but she knows that the glowing ball of light that follows her mother some nights does not take kindly to those who could compete with his shine.

"I tried," Roselin shares. "Oren asks a lot of questions though. And I try to help Reave but he never stays still for very long," and then sighing against Leilan's scales, she explains: "And Mama said Yanhua was already in trouble."

ROSELIN
    html by castlegraphics; art by Calcifer

Messages In This Thread
    I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Leilan - 11-12-2020, 04:04 PM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Roselin - 11-13-2020, 06:02 PM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Leilan - 12-08-2020, 11:46 AM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Roselin - 12-11-2020, 09:36 PM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Leilan - 12-23-2020, 04:38 AM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Roselin - 01-01-2021, 07:09 PM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Leilan - 01-14-2021, 12:27 PM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Roselin - 01-15-2021, 11:20 AM