• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I’m frozen in motion; Rosey
    She loves it when he looks at her like that and Roselin, always hoping to please her father, mimics him. The silver-black filly had been smiling moments before but it suddenly stills and stifles into a rather somber expression - one that looks far too serious on the face of one so young.

It's only when she lifts her silver-blue eyes to his that the spark is there; a contradiction to the frost that freezes in her veins, pumping within the blood they both share. Rose lifts her head slightly and fights her smile, trying so hard to keep it hidden. But then her sire is reaching for her, brushing away the frost that christens her few small whiskers and Roselin does smile then. "I hope so," she admits softly to Leilan. It's one of her fears - something she has shared with Oren before - that she won't quite find her place within this family of giants.

Both her parents seem so impossibly large sometimes. Leilan, Freyr of the North, and her mother Lilliana, as the leader of Taiga, leaves little room for Roselin to find her own light. They seem as colossal as the magnificent trees that shadow all around them.

"Can you do that?" she asks her father. It's always been a curiosity to her about what her father does on the Isle. How does he bide all his time? Is he the reason that their glaciers that float in the sea around his kingdom? Is he reason that the frost and the winter follows? The ideas make her smile wider and Roselin becomes enraptured with the idea that they could be reason for such wonderful changes in the world.

"No," she tells him, glad that he agrees with her. The ice child doesn't really mind that she has to share her time with her siblings.  (Leilan has never acted differently in her presence towards Reave than he does Oren or Nashua or Yanhua); but she is glad that this time is theirs. That even if he is a king and a Dragon, he still finds time for his youngest daughter in Taiga.

The rest of their conversation is easy to explain. "He gets jealous all the time," Roselin huffs. The few times that the star has come within her presence, he dims and shines and does whatever he can to command the attention away from her. "Mama says he is young like Reave so we have to be patient with him," she says, giving the same explanation that her chestnut mother had offered.

But that all becomes forgotten with the brush of @[Leilan]'s touch and Roselin melts.

"Something about Amarine and Borderline," the child says. "Mama says that hearts can be tricky things." Roselin moves forward to embrace her father again, her dark coat melding into his mahogany one, and yawns. "Does that mean you'll stay the night?"

ROSELIN
    html by castlegraphics; art by Calcifer

Messages In This Thread
    I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Leilan - 11-12-2020, 04:04 PM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Roselin - 11-13-2020, 06:02 PM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Leilan - 12-08-2020, 11:46 AM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Roselin - 12-11-2020, 09:36 PM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Leilan - 12-23-2020, 04:38 AM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Roselin - 01-01-2021, 07:09 PM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Leilan - 01-14-2021, 12:27 PM
    RE: I’m frozen in motion; Rosey - by Roselin - 01-15-2021, 11:20 AM