• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm always in this twilight, varick
    She briefly wonders just how Crowns and Vulgaris are getting along or if her child has already driven her father to the brink of madness. They are entirely opposite from one another - Crowns thrives on the strange and unusual while her sire is repulsed by it these days. Sabbath wonders why she didn’t unleash her son on him sooner, then. “As long as he has fun,” she says with feigned innocence.

He lifts his head to give her better access and she knows he recognizes this sort of touching from her. When Varick speaks, Sabbath glances up at him to stare through the thick line of her eyelashes. A wild shiver runs down her spine at his touch, then, and she bites down harder than she means to as a reflex. Naturally, it doesn’t pierce his armored scales, but it sends a clear message. She carefully gathers her venom across her tongue and spits it with a careful aim away from his eyes.

Her pulse still hums in her veins at his touch. There is a piece of her, somewhere in the tangle of her rage, that enjoys the cold of his skin against hers. It extinguishes some of that inferno that she always keeps burning in the kiln of her heart. When he kisses their youngest children, it only serves to soften her further. Maybe she’d slowly begin to regret her cruelties toward him.

The wild green of her eyes studies him as he speaks, narrowing in thought rather than malice this time.

Crowns doesn’t like it when you sleep out there. He likes to have us both near him. I imagine the twins will feel the same,” she says as she steps closer, seemingly forgiving his previous overstepping of her boundaries. Her voice does not soften but she avoids his eyes as she lowers herself beside Riptide, pulling him close to her.
    may my enemies live long                                  so they can see me prosper.
    sabbath
    @[Varick]

Messages In This Thread
    i'm always in this twilight, varick - by Sabbath - 11-15-2020, 07:40 PM
    RE: i'm always in this twilight, varick - by Sabbath - 12-02-2020, 11:35 PM