• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

in my restless dreams i see us there, wayfair

no wind blows in favor of a ship with no direction

To her, he is an other worldly thing. Young though he is, she is younger and far more sheltered. Her mother has been extra careful to keep the twins hidden from prying eyes, cocooning them under her wings and shielding them from any who came their way. But Wayfair is not a girl meant for such constraints, much like her mother before her. Though she was older and far more jaded now, Topsail had at one time been a young girl with a heart like a gypsy and eyes full of wanderlust. Despite all of her careful planning, the preening and the coddling, Wayfair was a mirror image of the youthful Topsail. A Topsail before the weight of crowns and kingdoms had settled upon her slender shoulders. 

She gives him a shy grin, her bottle brush tail swishing against her flanks happily. ”Maybe, but I dunno if there are more like me. I’ve never met them, if there are.” She has met no one, save her mother, brother, and now Crowns, so her knowledge is rather limited. He laughs and she smiles openly, happy to have been of service. No one has ever said anything about her being helpful before! ”Glad that I could help! At first, I was afraid I would blow you of course. I don’t have much practice.” she says, her dark eyes lit with glee. When he steps closer she stiffens, but only briefly. A part of her longs to explore his mind, but another, more cautious part begs her not to. Despite what her mother may say, it is not fun having ones mind probed like a fruit being examined for freshness. 

At his next question, she resumes her prior stance of meek shyness. Suddenly, her feet seem to be the most interesting thing in her life and she trains her eyes on them. She hadn’t meant to hear his thoughts, but she wasn’t always good at blocking them out. A consequence of youth, she supposed. ”I did. I’m not always the best at not hearing them, especially if someone is excited, in one way or another.” Frustration, anger, love, lust...they were all easier to hear, with little effort on her part. ”Your brother sounds like mine, which is not very nice. But I’m not afraid of Gangplank. He can just hear thoughts, but I can make dirt devils!” With a grin and a furrowing of her brow, she sets her sights on the closest dust, breathing out slowly until the dust rises in a funnel. She brings it towards them, but before it can pull them into the funnel she lets it fall harmlessly over top of them, leaving them both powder coated, but happy all the same.

WAYFAIR&GANGPLANK

ooc: i'm going to make wayfair her own account after this post to make things less confusing Smile  [@crowns]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: in my restless dreams i see us there, wayfair - by Wayfair and Gangplank - 11-19-2020, 12:18 AM