• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I saw a shooting star late last night
    She doesn't know if he is joking at first.

Leonidas can hear her thoughts - can feel her memories - and so while he remarks about the deaths of stars and the ending of galaxies, the chestnut mare isn't sure about the perspective he presents. The glowing orb hovers above her, speaking about something she had always considered infinitesimal simply... ending. It's enough to distract her from the crashing lull of the coast.

It's enough to make her forget (albeit briefly) the waves churning in her chest; the ocean of emotion that could very easily swallow her whole.

The star, however, can't help it. He is what he is. Leonidas knows that in this reincarnation, he is meant to shine. He is meant to be the thing that breaks that the dark, that tempers the night so it cannot be everything. Leonidas and his brothers and his sisters can't be everywhere but they try. They try to find the things - the souls - that light up as stars do ('How many wishes has she made?' He thinks of the snowy shape lingering nearby).

Agetta doesn't glow but there is something about her that attracts Leonidas' attention. He twirls and moves away from his bonded, floats down to the leopard. The star remains just close enough that Lilliana can still hear his thoughts, which come quicker and quicker the closer he gets to the alluring feline. (He says things like: 'Did you know I was a lion in a past life?' - 'I still long for the taste of gazelle.' and 'There is no place as vast as savannah. It's another kind of sea.')

Lilliana's muted gaze follows Leonidas in the shadows until she finds the source of his excitement. A predator who asks, "A lot on your mind?"

Her expression is shocked as her copper brow flies up and her blue eyes widen. She shouldn't be surprised; far wilder things have happened in Beqanna (and perhaps this will become another version of her normal, Lilliana will have conversations in the dark with stars and leopards and imagine slipping beneath the waves). Her reply slips from her dark mouth before she gives her propriety a chance to catch it. "I was wondering if the tides might help with me a change of direction," she says, a sardonic version of her typical humor.

Leonidas shines as he comes closer, still chirping enthusiastically about his days as a lion king and the poise of their new companion. 'Tell her I like her spots,' he chimes in Lilliana's mind. 'Tell her-' on and on he goes, leaving the Taigan mare to sigh before attempting a tentative smile to the cat. "That was rather morose of me," she says truthfully, pushing her thoughts about Brazen's death away (and her uncertainties regarding shifters).

Still floating above them, Leonidas beams brightly again, protesting that she has taken so long to relay his message. "I'm Lilliana and this is-," her slender head tilts up with a polite introduction for the star, "Leonidas says he likes your spots." She leaves a lingering question at the end, enough room should the pale creature feel like tacking on a name.
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    I saw a shooting star late last night - by Agetta - 11-15-2020, 09:51 PM
    RE: I saw a shooting star late last night - by lilliana - 12-02-2020, 09:23 PM