• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  The storm likes to go where it's not invited
    I’m not, you know, particularly bothered by the large electrical bird shifter in Nerine, not when she sweeps by, and not when she starts crying her heart out all over Nerine. She isn’t a threat to the land itself - she’s unpredictable, sure, but since when do I want predictable in the North? I should unseat myself if I did... though, I must say we have come to a bit of a lull these days. It seems to me all of Beqanna has, but still.

Silence before the storm. I know who’s bringing it, though, and I don’t mind.

I’m considering to not even show up at all and see what the outcome will be in time, but that would be rude - and not a great head-start if she does unseat Nev. Whom I frankly haven’t seen actively bothered by anything about Nerine in a while. Not that I was either, but I’m still trying to get people to look at the North as a whole, instead, and if someone shows up who’s able to light a spark, well - you won’t find me opposing the idea.

Some others might, though, so perhaps it’d be better if I just showed up anyway. Fae know I was looked down upon when I didn’t attempt to injure or kill the Pangean children for lighting winter on fire, so here I am now. Spreading my wings, I do not bother with a full shift, and take my time to follow the screeching bird. I land not too far behind her, shaking my crest and shoving the wings away.

Someone else has arrived by the time I’ve walked over, though it may be said that my gait has been rather lazy. It’s a boy, but I know he’s not from any of the northern lands. Deciding not to ask him how or why he came here, I just settle down between them. People usually know who I am by now, and if they don’t, the previous wings and my icy scales are clue enough for them to guess. If not, well - not my problem.

There is little being discussed right now, and much like when I claimed the Isle, this seems like a rather silent passing of leadership so far. The colt asks why she’s yelling, so I just roll my shoulders a bit. Careless maybe, but who am I to judge her if she’s not even started? She might have good ideas.

I’m listening, Popinjay.

The thought is only projected at the young mare, and I give her a bright look, almost a smile. I know she never introduced herself to me, but there were multiple Taigans who knew her when I asked about the bird who showed up on the Isle that day.

She must have some proposal, or at least a reason behind her claim. If she’s answering the colt, then she can answer my one, unasked question as well. If she wins, then what’s next?
    they say I did something bad, then why’s it feel so good?

@[Popinjay] here to, idk see what happens I guess
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The storm likes to go where it's not invited - by Leilan - 11-17-2020, 12:39 PM