• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello

Tornados from a butterfly's wing

Her chest felt as though she'd been galloping for miles. In truth though, she had merely been pacing the thick blanket of pine needles that carpeted this corner of the world, until she couldn't anymore. 

All her attention was focused inward now. The clutching in her belly ebbed and flowed like the tide, one wave after another, and she hardly noticed when her thighs grew suddenly wet. When the faintest scent of blood mingled with the heavy resin forest smell. She simply laid down, knees curling and uncurling from her belly while her unweildy wings rustled on ground behind her. 

A groan, miserable and petulant, bubbled from her lips, yellow streaks of Pain behind her eyes. It wouldn't be long now. It couldn't be. She squealed again, head thrown into the bed of needles, only to freeze as a familiar voice broke through her frantic motion. "Yanhua?" She asked, voice rasping slightly. And he was there. 

A sob of relief ended in another gasp of pain as her belly rippled with downward pressure. He felt blessedly cool on her fevered skin, and she leaned into where he lay against her. Rode out the spasm while he crooned first in her ear, and then directly into her heart. 

Ribbons of blue, green, silvery grey. Peace, Joy, Strength. That was how she experienced his memories. They wrapped around her mind like a cool breeze, painting a picture that suggested familiar scenes. That felt like a balm on her aching heart. Eyes shut, she made herself inhale deeply, let the soothing emotions overtake her so her body could do its work. Quickly she learned that relaxing had been the key all along. 

She was spent. Covered in sweat, blood and salty tears, exhausted beyond belief, and happy. So very, perfectly, happy. The very air hummed with it as she looked down on the pair of drying foals, one on either side of her while they drank their first meal. Funny, leggy little creatures, with more than a drop of their father evident in them even at only an hour or so old. 

Dreamily, she looked from one to the other, and then back to the stallion who they so resembled. It was later in the day now. The sun beamed from overhead and dappled the ground with its golden light, and she found herself grateful for the warmth on her back. It was going to be a beautiful day, and that seemed only fitting. Only right. 

Shaking pine needles and scraps of bark from her tangled mane, she smiled at Yanhua with open adoration in her strange eyes. "You came. You really-" she began, then stopped. Bemusement played on her face a moment. "I didn't mean for my Taigan debut to be quite so dramatic. How did you know I was here?" She asked, confused but not especially surprised. Individuals carried emotional signitures as distinctive as their scents. She could recognize his a mile off. Maybe he could do the same.

...Amarine

@[Yanhua]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello - by Amarine - 11-16-2020, 07:33 PM