• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello

Tornados from a butterfly's wing

It was funny, the way they seemed to have been copied in miniature. Green and black, gold and copper. Two little dolls that captured them both perfectly. Ama couldn't stop marveling at them. She had made these. They both had. The wonder of that captured her, eased the aches her body was sure to feel for days. It was enough to be here with them in this moment. She treasured it. How many perfect moments did a girl get in her life? She doubted it would be many. 

Yan had arrived in the nick of time, and now that she could think straight, it seemed all the more marvelous. He looked like an old god, horned and wild. The illusion broke when he smiled. Then he was Yanhua again, light hearted and joyful. Her friend, above all. Her cohort and now, co-parent. She hummed softly as he replied to her question, eyes nearly glowing with the strength of her emotions. 

She shrugged at his assertion that he'd been going to find her soon. "And I thought I was putting things off," she quipped, adjusting her weight. She'd waited almost an entire pregnancy to finally come this way. How long would it have been till she'd seen him again if she'd changed her mind about the trip? 

She chided herself silently for thinking on such a bleak track. It took nothing but an easy brushing against his emotional state to know he was being earnest. She could trust him, more than just about anyone. It was something she simply had to remind herself of. 

Sometimes she felt easy to be abandoned. Her own mother had done so at her birth, and it seemed that almost everyone she'd met since then had followed suite at one time or another. She stayed home, and hoped they'd remember her, and come back. It was a mark of her faith in Yan that she'd been willing to leave Nerine at all. Even for this. And he'd come through with flying colors. 

She watched with a protective eye as he eased in by the tufty black and white girl. The fuzz that would be her mane and tail were still dark with fluid, but the drying ends promised vibrant colors. The determined little thing never broke her contact with her mother's teat, even as her spindly legs struck out at her inquisitive father. Ama laughed at their antics, watching and feeling as the first threads of bonding grew between father and daughter. It was like watching a seed send out its first roots into fertile soil, and she couldn't wait to see what kind of flower grew. 

"I think so," she said, equally blissed. She made herself look away from the babes, to meet his eyes as she thought about her own answer. "If you're really sure, then yes. There's... not much left for me in Nerine. I'd like to think this is the start of a bigger adventure, for both of us." She matched his quiet tone, threads of golden Hope weaving through her spoken words. She reached around her side to press her muzzle to the brown and spotted colt's hip, unsure if she could watch Yan's expression as he digested her words. Words never did justice to their pure emotional counterparts.

...Amarine

@[Yanhua]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello - by Amarine - 11-22-2020, 09:20 PM