• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wherever our adventure waits

Anuya does a visible double-take when the winged stranger comes trotting over towards her. Are those… normal ears? On someone that is brown? It’s an absolute surprise - she was used to only herself and her sister being the ones with long ears in this land (not that she had looked particularly hard, however). They seem friendly, though, even if Anuya doesn’t understand why the left-wing is raised and turned slightly.

Odd, but her voice comes out of her in a rush of excitement despite any misgivings. “I know right??? How do all these horses or whatever they’re called hear anything?” Anuya wonders if she should raise her voice a little next time she tries to talk to one of them - or maybe test to see how low her voice can go. She knew how quietly she could talk around her sister, Sidhra - which was a volume that did not exist. Even when she just mouthed the words, Sidhra seemed to be able to catch them anyway and shoot her a disapproving glance. Or an amused one, depending on who Anuya was making fun of under her breath.

One of a number of questions that are floating around her mind comes out, and she makes some vague efforts not to be rude or blunt - her expression open and curious as those long ears twitch slightly. “Are you a fae? I’ve never seen one your particular… shade.” But she knew there were courts she had never bothered to meet. She had never had to, being the youngest child and with almost a dozen elder siblings to do all the boring jobs while she just flitted about.

oh, I see stars rushing through my mind, colours have no time to fade
    oh, I found out there's another side where the sea and sky collide

artwork by Skellri

@[xii]

Messages In This Thread
    wherever our adventure waits - by Anuya - 11-17-2020, 09:48 AM
    reply to anunya #1 - by xii - 11-21-2020, 07:43 AM
    RE: wherever our adventure waits - by Anuya - 12-09-2020, 05:04 PM