• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you've never seen my horizon.
    YADIGAR
    there’s a hole in my chest but it’s mine, baby, it’s all i got.
    They fly side by side in silence, save for the occasional flap of leathery wings. Word travels fast and they’re eager to see the new leader of the west. Yadigar had been to the jungle kingdom once before their war, but he looks forward to seeing it now without much of an agenda. He turns his spined head to look at Sepulcher now as they pass over Loess.

When we arrive, we will not harm them. They are friends to us as Gospel and the Cove are,” he explains. The younger brother answers with a snapping of his strange jaws and a quiet grumbling in his chest. He imagines Cher wanted to hunt somewhere new, but it can’t be helped. These are not their hunting grounds to harvest.

The draconic brothers land just outside the Tephran borders and the elder takes the lead. He keeps his wings tucked to his sides as he ducks under lower hanging branches or leaps across the cool streams that zigzag over long-cooled lava flows. His spiked tail sways back and forth contently while Sepulcher keeps his ears perked. There are countless new noises for him to learn here and he finds himself pleased that there is something to be gained for his journey here.

They come to a stop near the base of the volcano. The heat reminds them of home and they each draw comfort from the dry air here. Yadigar lifts his head and gives a short series of clicks and croons, then he shifts his great weight and looks to his younger brother. The blind duo share a few quiet trills between each other, agreeing that they like it here so far, and then they settle to a comfortable silence once more.

@[Warden]

Messages In This Thread
    you've never seen my horizon. - by yadigar - 11-17-2020, 09:36 PM
    RE: you've never seen my horizon. - by Warden - 11-20-2020, 08:20 PM
    RE: you've never seen my horizon. - by yadigar - 11-29-2020, 06:10 PM
    RE: you've never seen my horizon. - by Warden - 12-11-2020, 08:17 PM
    RE: you've never seen my horizon. - by yadigar - 12-21-2020, 11:32 PM
    RE: you've never seen my horizon. - by Warden - 12-29-2020, 12:28 PM