• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  just deliver me truth; gale
    BREACH

I'd bare you my heart, if I knew that it still was there
    I'm too nervous to look, too afraid to close the book

She does not often travel to the other lands. She forgets, if she is being honest, that she is a Queen—leader of one of only four kingdoms—and not just Alpha of her small pack. She can sometimes forget the weight of that expectation when she is stalking the mountains alongside Atrox, or running the border with Maze, or taking to the skies completely and utterly alone. She forgets about her mother curled up asleep in the corner, with her father resting near her. Forgets about Ghaul handing her the crown.

Forgets the war, the death, the destruction.

And in those moments, she’s just Breach.

Today is not one of those days. Recent events have shifted the weight, made the air thinner almost, and she is suddenly acutely aware of the responsibilities that lie at her feet—the activities of the lands beneath her. It is thus that she decides she needs to expand her exploring to not just the mountainous range.

So she takes to the skies at first. Cutting across the land mass that is Beqanna proper as an eagle before she dives into the ocean outside of Sylva, diving into the water as a sailfish. She has less practice with aquatic creatures, and she finds she enjoys them less than creatures of land and air, but she has to admit that there is something deeply pleasing about making the ocean her home. The way that underwater comes into stark contrast and, then, the speed that comes to her as she sluices through the tides.

It is exhausting though and when she arrives at Islandres, the journey and multiple shifts have caught up to her. She reaches the shore and shifts back into herself as she stumbles up on the beach, breathing heavily. Her tangled mane sticks to her thin neck and her nostrils flare as she gets more familiar with the feeling of breathing once more. Even this though does not dampen the light in her dual-colored eyes as she glances around the shore, the feeling of adventure lighting something recognizable in her once more.

so take all the wind from my lungs if you're out of air
    just deliver me truth, deliver me you

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 11-22-2020, 03:10 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 11-24-2020, 08:11 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 11-25-2020, 12:25 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 11-25-2020, 11:46 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-01-2020, 01:26 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-02-2020, 09:40 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-23-2020, 07:50 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-27-2020, 04:41 PM