• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  just deliver me truth; gale

for so long had my teeth held my tongue from a venomous voice
    but the poison has passed from my lips to my hands, an incendiary point

It would be easy, she thinks, to let the feeling of this island transform her, change her, keep her. How easy it would be to surrender to a different life than the one that her mother had imagined for her—than she had accepted for herself, if she was being truthful. What if she ran away from it all? What if she shed the weight of her mother’s dream in lieu of finding one for herself? What if she became just Breach instead?

Would she be the same girl who tore her own leg off in sacrifice to Carnage?

The same girl who nearly ripped the throat of Mesec out to just send a message?

Could she find the girl she had once been underneath all of that?

She swallows, doing her best to skirt around the idea and immerse herself in the moment again, trying to focus entirely on Gale—suddenly desperate for the relief she felt in his presence. She throws herself into the conversation again, enthusiastic and childlike, as they approach the massive sign. Her dual-colored eyes widen just slightly and she doesn’t bother to hide her awe at the structure, entirely alien in nature.

“Colby,” she echoes, deciding that she likes the strange name for the strange creature. “How fitting.”

Then she shifts into a large pelican, taking flight so that she can get a better view of the weathered sign. She hovers for a moment before she flaps her wings to take her around to the back and then to the front again. When she has had her fill of the sign, she flies back to Gale, shifting back into herself easily.

“How wonderful,” she says, as soon as she has her mouth back to say it.

“I’ve never seen anything quite like it.”

though ritual pyre sending smoke to the sky as the building continues to burn
    though rapt in the ruin, the pain in the grave, is lies you leave tied to the earth

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 11-22-2020, 03:10 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 11-24-2020, 08:11 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 11-25-2020, 12:25 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 11-25-2020, 11:46 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-01-2020, 01:26 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-02-2020, 09:40 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-23-2020, 07:50 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-27-2020, 04:41 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-30-2020, 02:49 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-30-2020, 08:37 PM