• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  just deliver me truth; gale
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

Gale continues forward, his path meandering and without haste as he makes his way toward the wooden shape. The soft pink cattails and the end of the orange dunegrass brush against his belly as he weaves through the rarely travelled bit of grassland. Islandres is not a populous place, but most visitors have seen this. The follow the trails nearer the beach, with a better view of the entire whale, but Gale prefers the vista from a little nearer.

It seems Breach feels the same way, for as Gale turns his head back to see her reaction, he finds her gliding overhead on newly sprouted wings. He laughs, as impressed by the sudden change as she is of the whale, and continues to weave his way higher up the dunes, until he arrives at the highest of the black sand hills. As the rose-colored grasses sway, Gale settles his bright gaze on the woman who’d been a bird, and finds himself overcome with wonder. He had been impressed by Mazikeen’s ability, a woman powerful enough to scar a creature with regenerative healing. To see delighted Breach and alpha of the pack Breach and pretty Breach coalesce with such effortless magic into Breach that is pleased by something of Gale’s leaves the brindle pegasus with a curiously breathless feeling.

Has she done that as well, Gale wonders, flexed telekinesis or blood magic or metal bending to make his heart skip along? The thought is colored only with pleasant curiosity as it flits across his mind. Gale does not think he would mind if she’d tried, yet nevertheless he is determined to not allow the way that the world seems somehow a litter brighter to sway him.

“Better than what you’ve got in Hyaline?” he asks with a lift of his dark brows and a quick smile, which fixes on her for the briefest moment before he turns to gesture at the rest of the view that surrounds them.

First he points toward the distant volcano of Tephra, a dark shape against the southeast horizon, and then the peak of Islandres’ single mountain across the distant river and heart island. It’s prettiest later in the afternoon, when the sun seems to settle into the cradle of the long dormant volcano before sinking into the sea, but Gale still thinks the view one of the best in Islandres. Then his gaze returns to Breach, and he wonders for a moment if she’ll change again to look at this as well. He’d worried only briefly that she might think him prying, but curiosity almost always wins out with manners when it comes to Gale. He doesn’t remember learning the latter, after all, though he does manage to chew the soft yellow flowers he grabs from the shorter lavender grass at their feet with his mouth closed.

When he has swallowed it, he asks: “Do you always keep the same color?” All of Mazikeen’s forms had been icy white; will the same be true for Breach? The picture of an osprey (Gale’s favorite animal) with an iridescent blue shimmer to its pale gold feathers is an image that visual Gale can appreciate, and he smiles softly as he waits for an answer, his blue eyes carefully taking in the unique way Breach’s patterns and markings swirl into each other. He is careful not to miss a detail, and only when the inspection is over does he look back to meet her without a word.

@[breach]

Messages In This Thread
    just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 11-22-2020, 03:10 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 11-24-2020, 08:11 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 11-25-2020, 12:25 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 11-25-2020, 11:46 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-01-2020, 01:26 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-02-2020, 09:40 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-23-2020, 07:50 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-27-2020, 04:41 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-30-2020, 02:49 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-30-2020, 08:37 PM