• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  In the shadows of a crackling fire [Rosemary]

open hand or closed fist would be fine

--rosemary

the blood is rare and sweet as cherry wine

It's simple, really: her love of the dark wood. And when one thinks about it, it's quite simple that the tight-knit trees of Taiga would tickle her curiosity enough to be irresistible. The fog and distant twitter of birds - she hums along to it, swishes her tail amongst the mist, insists to herself that she is but a nymph belonging to the ageless redwoods. Nevermind the tensions between the East and the North, nor the scent of the salty cove on her skin, or endless relatives that love to torch this land so.

(And nevermind how she thinks the burning such a thrill, too. It's a secret, that darkness. Her face is so soft and sweet, her voice so warm, her song so enticing - she won't let them know what twists like a stomachache within her. She hardly knows it herself.)

The Taigan fog reminds her of the sparkling in Molech's aura, so she spends all the time she can dancing in it before it evaporates. She dips her nose down, drinks it in, dreams of the lavender irises that flash and taunt her in her dreams.

In her hours of daydreaming and melting, Rose begins to wonder if a Taigan will stumble upon her. A sly grin curls her lips at the thought of a bristling Northerner curling their lips at her. Perhaps they'll balk at the salt that washes her skin and tell her she has no business among their beautiful, peaceful redwoods. That no soul as fickle and complicated as hers deserves to live amongst such quiet loveliness. What a thrill that would be, to read their furious aura and try out the voice the sirens of the ocean gifted her.

It isn't a Taigan that finds Rose, but Rose that finds a Taigan - and one that she recognizes at that. Some strange confidence emboldens her and she trots toward, breathing out, "Yanhua." She comes to a restless stop, hooves shuffling in the smallest of prances and neck arching to accentuate the look of concern on her face. She's still new to understanding the auras others carry, but she can just barely tell there is something . . . else beneath the man's peace.

"I didn't think I'd see you again," Rose finally adds after briefly scanning his the air around him. A coy, teasing smile simultaneously lights up and darkens her face. "Calypso isn't here to frighten you today. Do you live here?"

@[Yanhua] i'm sorry this took me ten thousand years D:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: In the shadows of a crackling fire [Rosemary] - by rosemary - 12-15-2020, 10:14 PM