• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i bloom, i grow
    CrownS
    Sabbath never told him not to do anything. Instead, she merely followed at a distance and warned him of any impending danger. She could predict when he would fall and scuff his knees or when a vine was about to trip him. Whether he proceeded or not was entirely his own decision. With time, he has learned to see some of what she sees when she watches him running through the jungle. It helps him stalk Galadriel tonight as he searches the forest floor for anything that may give him away or send him tumbling to the ground.

He doesn’t try to stifle the laughter that comes spilling over his lips when she squeals out in fear. Perhaps some flash of guilt should have spread through him, but he lacks even a shred of remorse when she scowls up at him with such sweet eyes. Well, perhaps only sweet from where he’s standing, but the fact remains irrelevant to him for now.

Crowns begins to circle her, the wildfire of his eyes glowing bright now as his grin refuses to calm itself into something more humble. “Why would I do anything?” he asks as his circle grows tighter until his shoulder is brushing hers. “Because it was fun!” And he says it as though the answer should have been obvious all along. And it’s true, he has only ever done whatever pleases him most.

So what’s your name, scaredy-cat?” he teases as he comes to a stop in front of her, standing perpendicular so he seems larger than perhaps he really is. “I’m Crowns.
    you got me on my knees; i'm your one-man cult.

@[galadriel]

Messages In This Thread
    i bloom, i grow - by crowns - 11-22-2020, 10:23 PM
    RE: i bloom, i grow - by galadriel - 11-27-2020, 09:41 PM
    RE: i bloom, i grow - by crowns - 11-28-2020, 01:09 AM