• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We are the wild ones // Jassal pony
    Her head tipped to one side, the two-pronged antlers tipping with it. Would they be heavy when they got as big as mama's? Would they hurt, or would she even notice? They are both lost in their own thoughts, and trying very hard to pretend otherwise. She was not so astute as to realize this with any kind of certainty, not when she was distracted herself. 

Instead she offered a smile of her own at his offer. Genuine or just a social grace, she wasn't sure, but the description was appealing all the same. "I think you'd like it," she offered with a half-shrug. 

His counter offer was one met with intrigue. Tit for tat, one visit in exchange for another. Dad would say it was an opportunity to make connections, to get to know more of the world. Mama would say to keep her eyes open. You never knew when you'd see, or hear, something that would be worth remembering at a critical future moment. Her smile lay contentedly on her lips as she replied: "Perfectly fair." 

She was ready to go then, eyes caught on the homeward horizon when his next question fell. Looking back to the metallic brindled boy, she stuck out her tongue a thoughtful moment before answering. "I don't think I've seen nearly enough of the world yet to know if there's one spot I'd want to stay for the rest of ever." Truly, there was not much outside of Tephra and the common lands that she was familiar with. Hopefully that would change soon, though. 

"What about you? Happy at home, or do you have a bit of adventure in you?" She asked, a lilting challenge in her voice and eyes. One step brought her close to him again, her smile impish as she prepared to depart. "If you're ready, we can go now." 

@[spirit]

Messages In This Thread
    We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by Laia - 11-23-2020, 09:01 PM
    RE: We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by Laia - 11-23-2020, 10:27 PM
    RE: We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by Laia - 11-23-2020, 11:25 PM
    RE: We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by Laia - 11-30-2020, 09:54 PM