• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We are the wild ones // Jassal pony
    i was alone, falling free, trying my best not to forget.
    He watches the tips of her antlers cutting through the air when she tilts her head. It’s been so long, he forgets how that feels anymore. He only recalls the way his feathers feel when the wind turns against him and ruffles them the wrong way. Laia smiles and he reflexively returns the expression with one of his own. Of course, he agrees that he would enjoy her home, so he doesn’t correct himself when he processes how he actually feels.

Although his sister and mother concern themselves with politics, he and his father care only for their immediate surroundings. A moment is exactly that - a moment, a fleeting opportunity to create a memory. Kingdoms and their wars mean little to him. His mind is entirely fixated on what sorts of things he may see once he walks there with Laia.

She turns his question on him, though, and he laughs softly at first. He has lived in many places and yet he finds himself equally drawn to each. “I think I just go wherever has my attention most. Usually, I just like to be near family,” he says with a light shrug of his shoulders. “But we never stayed anywhere for long when I was growing up. Were you raised in Tephra?

Spirit follows her gaze to the horizon and he imagines that is the way to her home. He nods and takes the first few steps in that direction, careful to match her pace while also listening for her answer.
    @[Laia]

Messages In This Thread
    We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by Laia - 11-23-2020, 09:01 PM
    RE: We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by Laia - 11-23-2020, 10:27 PM
    RE: We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by Laia - 11-23-2020, 11:25 PM
    RE: We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by Laia - 11-30-2020, 09:54 PM
    RE: We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by spirit - 12-02-2020, 11:52 PM