• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i will not speak of your sin
    stifled the choice and the air in my lungs;
    better not to breathe than to breathe a lie
    Can he take comfort in the simple fact that his parents died together? As his pale eyes scan the red, dry riverbed below, Tiercel feels himself grow content. The Wolfbane and Lepis he knows would have wanted to die together, wrapped in their feathery warm embrace until they wake in the Afterlife. He can live with this mental image, perhaps even cling to it if he ever learns of the unraveling of their marriage. His mother had always loved Loess and it seems fitting that she would burn with it.

Tiercel’s dark-tipped ears twist in the opalescent mare’s direction when she mentions Islandres. What could possibly be waiting for him there? Despite the fact that he knows very little about the territory, he assumes one of his siblings must be living there now. Pteron, perhaps — he is the eldest and the most likely option for a leader. He considers the visit, but only if it were his oldest brother. Eyas, on the other hand, might try to reunite him with their parents if she ever saw him again… His relationship with his triplet sister has been rocky at best and hateful the most often.

The rest of his siblings are phantoms — either fleeing their nest before he can remember or brought into the world after he had left.

His face turns back toward Oceane, studying the outline of her strong, detailed face. “I appreciate your invitation.” Tiercel isn’t settled entirely; his visit on this day is entirely by chance, yet he finds himself comforted by the familiarity of Loess. “And I’m thankful for your advice. It seems you know my family well.” The expression in his cerulean eyes may be unreadable at this comment, a haze of rare stoicism crossing his face. “It was nice to meet you, Oceane, and I’m sure we will meet again.”

With a nod Tiercel turns and ventures down the trail he had come, much more on his mind than he had first arrived with.
    tiercel.

@[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    i will not speak of your sin - by Tiercel - 11-29-2020, 05:45 PM
    RE: i will not speak of your sin - by Oceane - 12-05-2020, 08:25 PM
    RE: i will not speak of your sin - by Tiercel - 12-05-2020, 11:23 PM
    RE: i will not speak of your sin - by Oceane - 12-12-2020, 11:24 PM
    RE: i will not speak of your sin - by Tiercel - 12-18-2020, 04:45 PM
    RE: i will not speak of your sin - by Oceane - 01-02-2021, 09:44 AM
    RE: i will not speak of your sin - by Tiercel - 01-04-2021, 12:57 AM