• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will not speak of your sin; eyas & gale
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Tiercel follows their sister’s departure with an accusation that Gale does not expect. He’s not entirely sure how to respond, so he is quiet and keeps his attention on his sibling. He is glad he does, since Tiercel’s face tells a more complicated story than simply the ‘mess’ he refers too. Gale cannot imagine, but he is sure enough that he does shake his head at Tiercel’s interpretation. Gale would always be glad to see him. He’s family, and he features in many of the few memories that Gale has of childhood.

He listens as his brother continues to speak, answering the question of where he has been with an answer that Gale had not expected. Loess? What could have persuaded his brother to return to their childhood home? Had it been Oceane, Gale wonders? The blue mare would be lucky to have him. Gale is wondering how to ask when Tiercel speaks up with a question of his own. The blue-eyed stallion follows his sibling’s gaze to the jungle, then up to the clear sky.

“I’m the Chief,” he says, “But the island is not very populated, so I mostly do everything. Patrolling, greeting newcomers. I should probably figure out, like, political stuff soon but…” His words trail off with a shrug of his shoulders. For now, he is sure that he can keep Islandres safe on his own. He would like help, and so he often visits the Field, but the trivialities of things like alliances and treaties have never made much sense, so he’s mostly been ignoring them.

He'd like to continue to do so, and so he adds: “Pteron lives over on Ischia, did you know? He’s got, like, twelve kids or something by now.” There’s quiet again, and it’s a bit uncomfortable, so he babbles on: “What about you – do you have any kids?”

@[Tiercel]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will not speak of your sin; eyas & gale - by Gale - 01-24-2021, 07:04 PM