• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the fire remains; oceane

a little white light in a
    sea gone black

Oceane had been acutely aware that the person whom Ghaul personally handed his crown, the one given the responsibility to look over the wasteland that was Pangea from the throne in Hyaline, would not come quietly into the night. She had expected nothing less than vitriol from Breach. But any hopes that Oceane had reserved for a civil conversation on her own turf fluttered away with Breach's first words.

It only takes Oceane but a moment to make the connection to Sochi as her imperceptible amber eyes stare into the face of the indignant tigress before her. The implication that Castile had given her Loess without merit draws a cold grin, reserved for herself in her current state, across Oceane's lips. With no desire to stoke the fire Breach attempts to ignite, the Loessian Queen offers a long sigh before settlings herself more comfortably, muscles loosened, in preparation of whatever verbal poison was soon to be spewed.

“I've no intention of keeping you here beyond tonight,” she begins steadily and without disdain, “To be candid, I don't want you here. But Loess has a problem and you are our best chance at eliminating it.”

Oceane watches the feline's face closely as she speaks, hoping to find interest but expecting to see something that combines disgust and rage. She is no fool. “I don't expect that any attempts on my end will appeal to your... better nature, but despite that, I will tell you this:

The Loess you stand in now is not the same Loess led by the Dragon King. This is not a Kingdom on the offensive. No wildfires, plagues, or wars will befall Beqanna because of this Loess. If your Kingdom views that as a weakness, we will need to recognize the difference of our opinions, but this Kingdom has experienced enough wickedness in the time since Castile breathed fire across the North. We have paid our reparations.”

She pauses, her blunted teeth clenching and unclenching as she takes a brief moment to rein back the anger that has begun to rise hot in her chest.

This Loess wants to live peacefully. And so I ask you, politely, that you now tell your Kingdom and the territories beholden to it to take your hooves off our fucking throats.”

@[Breach]
    “”

n | r
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    the fire remains; oceane - by breach - 12-02-2020, 12:53 PM
    RE: the fire remains; oceane - by Oceane - 12-02-2020, 10:28 PM
    RE: the fire remains; oceane - by breach - 12-03-2020, 01:19 AM
    RE: the fire remains; oceane - by Oceane - 12-05-2020, 06:07 PM