• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the fire remains; oceane

a little white light in a
    sea gone black

“Oh, please.”

She holds her tongue until Breach has finished her impassioned tirade, her own succinct response punctuated with an exasperated sigh. Oceane is familiar with the show-strength-to-get-respect type - and if Breach had inherited anything from her mother aside from the tiger skin she now sheds, the Loessian Queen suspects it's that constant need to always be strong, resilient, unyielding.

“This is as polite as I get after five years of assault from the wastelands. I hardly believe a nice conversation by the lake would have done me any good, Breach. Something tells me you lack the compassion required for that.”

She sees Sochi's disdainful gaze, can feel the iciness of her glare, as the memory of their meeting in the Forest rises to the forefront of her mind.

From a bad crow, a bad egg.

The impasse they have reached is concrete. Oceane expects no more from Breach - nothing useful or productive, in any case. Not when her nature is to rise to this brief moment of supposed weakness, torn from her home to leave it unguarded, with fire in her belly and the intent to harm. Her ears are deaf to the request presented before her. Oceane knows better now - how could she expect the Queen of the East to return home having agreed to such terms?

Tchh, not a daughter of Sochi.

And in Oceane, there is no option to concede. Loess has endured too much. Its people and its nature feel the resounding pain of the past few years, and it's in this new boldness, prompted by the hand of the Fairies, that she declares no more. Breach will leave the foothills tonight - Oceane will not cage a ruthless tiger in the land inhabited by her own people - but that will not be the end of their correspondence.

“Leave. You and the East are not welcome here.”

@[breach]
    “”

n | r
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    the fire remains; oceane - by breach - 12-02-2020, 12:53 PM
    RE: the fire remains; oceane - by Oceane - 12-02-2020, 10:28 PM
    RE: the fire remains; oceane - by breach - 12-03-2020, 01:19 AM
    RE: the fire remains; oceane - by Oceane - 12-05-2020, 06:07 PM