• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  give my all just to watch you fall; Nashua

stars when you shine, you know how i feel
    oh freedom is mine

The striped pegasus throws a gleaming smile in Titanya's direction. The tiger-mare is swimming towards him and Nashua takes a step back to allow her room to make her way up the embankment. He should think before he speaks more often but their recent Alliance round is a memory still burning strong in his mind. What could Titanya do that she hadn't already done? As she makes her up way up the riverbank, Nashua supposes more.

She had done plenty during their match. His left jaw - now fully healed with only a faint scar on that copper cheek - gives a phantom ache at the sabino's approach. Titanya shifts from predator to mare as easily as the water drips from her dark physique and Nash is quirking a charming grin at her. Delicate? He bites back the laughter because it was hard to imagine the slender creature in front of him described as such. Remembering the sheer force of her hooves smashing into his jaw makes Nashua want to say that he considers Titanya otherwise.

His jaw clenches subconsciously as a reminder.

But then he is grinning and tilting his blazed head in her direction, "Ah." says the winged stallion with a roguish smirk, "Forgive me for me not addressing you as the river blossom you so clearly are."

Adjusting his dark wings, he wonders what she'll make of that. He even considers referring to her as 'tiger lily' but Nashua has a feeling that his former opponent wouldn't enjoy the jab; Nash doesn't think he'd enjoy her retaliation. (He's rather fond of his wings and his legs and well, all his appendages. He'd like to keep all of them intact.)

He can't quite recall her sense of humor from the Plains. But their match had been about the Alliance and Nashua had been a young stallion trying to prove his mettle, trying to prove his worth to a mentor that was more like the father he never had and to the kingdom he had sworn his loyalty to. There had been a couple of quick smiles from Nash but the majority of their fight had been sweat, blood, red dust, and in his case, bruised ribs and a fractured jaw.

"Barely," he admits honestly while studying the soaked sabino. "I think my ears have only just stopped ringing." She'd gone on to fight another round. How had she held up after two? How had the second round gone? "And how has your road to recovery been, @[Titanya]? A delicate flower such as yourself can never be too careful." He flashes that grin again, deciding to cloak his wings with his invisibility and they disappear in a blink.

Just as a precaution.

NASHUA

html by castlegraphics; art by MirrorLands

i love it! Big Grin
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: give my all just to watch you fall; Nashua - by Nashua - 12-18-2020, 03:47 PM