• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  this ain't no place for no hero; any family/Aquaria
    N E K a n E

Side by side, the twins square off with the foreboding clouds in the distance. If she concentrates real hard, the young girl's sharp amber eyes can see the sheets of rain that pour down beneath the darkness. Volos' testament to their prowess draws a load half-roar, half-squeal from Nekane in the face of this imaginary adversary. Titanya would be proud, she knows, of their willingness to protect the shores of their home.

She would not, however, be pleased with the way both of her children allowed a stranger to sneak up behind them. Nekane hisses, her half-circle ears securing themselves to her small skull as she leaps and turns in the air. She lands splayed, her eyes colliding unerringly with the lounging antlered girl. It takes her a moment to register what the stranger has said, though she remains silent regardless, as it is Volos who decides first that she is not a threat.

“Neka-neigh, she finally finds her voice in the process of correcting her name, and then instantly settles when the stranger introduces herself. Asena. Halcyon had mentioned her name before ─ and he had ingrained in them the importance of family. “But you can call me Neka.” With the flick of her feline tail, the young girl lays herself upon the sand in much the same way Asena has, though her own eyes widen at the mention of monsters.

Volos makes laughter bubble up from Nekane and she offers a toothy grin as he turns a brief look in her direction.

“I'd like to see a monster, I think,” she muses to the two of them before she rolls onto her back in the sand and takes an upside-down glance at their cousin. “Could you show us one?”

If I cannot bend heaven
    I will raise hell
    @[Volos] & @[Asena]
    “”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this ain't no place for no hero; any family/Aquaria - by Nekane - 01-10-2021, 05:53 PM