• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  show me where the light is, any

Do you think she is a cousin to Capricorn? Have you heard about the sea goats? How did she earn her horns?

Leonidas is humming with questions - and he brightens with each one - that fill Lilliana's head. She raises it, confused because she doesn't even know what a Capricorn is. Attempting to tell the star as much only earns a flickering pattern from the wisp before he continues to float over Memorie, mindful of his glow as to not star blind her.

"He's rather taken with her," Lilliana explains to her mother in a tone that lingers somewhere between apologetic and tender.

The conversation continues to have lapses where the chestnut mare is studying her bonded and glancing at her granddaughter, tracing the flaxen outline of her mane and always smiling when it comes to her blue tail. It's rather stunning, she thinks. There are pieces for her to find of Yanhua in the child and she can see traces of Borderline as well. Even against the enveloping darkness around them, she can see both parents shining out from the little soul who bounds up and down the beach with Leonidas.

What better way to spend a summer night?

She turns her head when the silence stays too long. Lilliana can't see the tear that @[Borderline] sheds but Lilliana had been able to sense the emotions of others long before she ever gained her Echoes. As a middle child in a large brood of siblings, she had been the one to ease the anger, to bring back the laughter, to help find the peace when the familial arguments flared. She had been the one most alone with her mother, who seemed to understand that something about the silver mare was missing even if Aletta never said what.

"If you need any help," Lilliana offers gently. Any help with Memorie. Any help with a plan. With anything at all, says the contemplative quiet that comes after.

"And no need to thank me," she mentions while glancing back towards Leonidas and Memorie. "Thank you both for the company tonight."

Remember when our songs were just like prayers
    Like gospel hymns that you caught in the air?

but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    show me where the light is, any - by lilliana - 12-07-2020, 10:32 PM
    RE: show me where the light is, any - by lilliana - 12-08-2020, 03:22 PM
    RE: show me where the light is, any - by lilliana - 12-08-2020, 11:51 PM
    RE: show me where the light is, any - by lilliana - 12-09-2020, 06:12 PM
    RE: show me where the light is, any - by lilliana - 12-10-2020, 12:04 AM
    RE: show me where the light is, any - by lilliana - 12-12-2020, 12:12 AM
    RE: show me where the light is, any - by lilliana - 12-13-2020, 10:06 PM
    RE: show me where the light is, any - by lilliana - 12-17-2020, 12:31 PM