• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Kids with guns - REAVE

The light that meets the dark

Mother had often soothed Cheri and Reynard to sleep with her powers while Pappa Yan sang them lullabies, and those are some of the first memories Cheri has about coming into contact with the unseen arts of magic. Her family, albeit a weird sort of family, is talented like a mystic staring into their crystal ball, or reading tarot. They pass on the ability to see beyond outer appearances, even if those appearances are studded in gems or crowned with horns. So when Reave asks her plainly why she’s scared, Cheri gives a moment’s pause instead of leaving him to his own devices.

Slowly, a confident smile bloomed.

“I thought you were angry at me for some reason. Do you get the echoes too?” Cheri asked the colt, picking her way down the little hill to meet Reave face-to-face in the clearing. Moss carpeted the earth, giving spring to each of Cheri’s steps, and her small wings of light bounced with the motion.

She knew all about the memories from her lessons with Memorie and Reynard, and while Cheri could not make them herself, Pappa Yan had said the teachings would ‘benefit’ her in the future anyways. He said that if she ever found herself in a bad place with horses who didn’t use their magic for good things, she might be able to keep them at bay or stop their hurting altogether if she just stayed calm, cool, and collected.

But she feels happy now to know that Reave is something like her twin and half-sibling. It makes him seem less-scary to the dark filly, more understandable. Nearly approachable, though she stops a few lengths away to flick her ears in his direction and bob her head with a smile.

“Mmhm, she met me n’ Rey when we were just babies.” Cheri confirmed Reave’s statement. “I only know about you ‘cuz Pappa Yan said he was keeping an eye on you while grandma Lilli traveled for a little while. Have you seen my Pappa before?” She was curious to know, tilting her head.

@[Reave]

Messages In This Thread
    Kids with guns - REAVE - by Cheri - 12-09-2020, 04:01 PM
    RE: Kids with guns - REAVE - by Reave - 01-06-2021, 01:52 PM
    RE: Kids with guns - REAVE - by Cheri - 01-11-2021, 07:56 PM
    RE: Kids with guns - REAVE - by Reave - 01-13-2021, 11:01 AM
    RE: Kids with guns - REAVE - by Cheri - 01-13-2021, 02:34 PM
    RE: Kids with guns - REAVE - by Reave - 01-15-2021, 01:13 PM
    RE: Kids with guns - REAVE - by Cheri - 01-20-2021, 10:54 AM
    RE: Kids with guns - REAVE - by Reave - 02-05-2021, 10:15 AM
    RE: Kids with guns - REAVE - by Cheri - 02-08-2021, 10:24 AM
    RE: Kids with guns - REAVE - by Reave - 02-11-2021, 10:54 AM