• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

out with the golden we sew // Star
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    "They call me Koko because in my family, that means "grandmama" as you call your grandmama," I explain to the sweet girl with a smile. I had deigned not to comment on her expressed lack of elegance, knowing that I'd otherwise launch into a spiel about the true meaning of womanhood and the pursuits in life which far surpass those of impressing men... Something I figure that, at this time, might not be my place to tell miss Ellie. "You may, however, call me whatever you wish."

"I suppose that I don't know many people who can, either," I reply to her query about the quantity of my magic. "But that's not such a bad thing. Great power in cruel hands wreaks havoc... Better to find the magic in the quieter corners of the land." Here I bite my tongue again, not quite sure that the girl I just met an hour before maintains much of a socio-political outlook on life just yet. Hell, I barely do anymore; I couldn't tell you top from bottom in the Beqannan way of things these days.

After all, I take my own advice very seriously and spend most of my time tucked away in a corner of Tephra with Solace and whomever of our family so happens to meander by on any given day.

"Well, it would seem as though your grandmama and I must have missed each other in the crossing!" I allow with a gust of breath, grinning as I imagine us passing by in the Beqanna's no-man's-lands on our ways to each other's kingdoms. "A moment of serendipity indeed," I laugh, reaching to again nuzzle Ellie's foofy forelock.

And so, with the remainder of the day ahead of us and no great rush laying claim to either of our hours, my new friend Elegance and I play with the magic in my veins and cavort about Taiga. In that back of my mind, I save these moments for later viewing, cherishing this day as one of the sweet and simple ones.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[Elegance]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    out with the golden we sew // Star - by Kagerus - 12-11-2020, 02:29 AM
    RE: out with the golden we sew // Star - by Kagerus - 01-20-2021, 08:51 PM