• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show me the sun; warden
    take my soul & make it undone
    be the one, be the one to take me home and show me the sun. i know, i know you can bring the fire, i can bring the bones. i know, i know you'll make the fire, my bones will make it grow.
    “He seemed pretty convincing this time,” she says, her eyes glittering with amusement. Wishbone can feel the fractured pieces of her soul gently healing back together and her chest feels warm with the glow of family. The Afterlife had been isolating, and even though Svedka had been there momentarily she hadn’t found him (or anyone else she knew). Reuniting with family brings life into the places of her that ached for connection.

The handsome white of his wings and regal spirals of his horns make Warden look as much a king as any. Wishbone can see why Lilliana would be searching for him; her brother has the look of a leader as well as the manners for it, from what she can tell so far. But looking past Warden’s kingship, she can see fragments of their father in his face and attitude. Her face softens at this thought, her mouth relaxing into a gentle smile. “You look so much like Dad.”

For a moment grief tightens in her chest — she had seen him in the Afterlife — before she lets herself melt into the relief she had felt with Svedka. Warrick’s bones hadn’t been among the voices of the Dead (she had even tried later when she was alone) and that certainly meant that he was alive. But his absence in Tephra leaves an ache in her chest as if she won’t feel completely settled until she sees his strong, familiar face again.

Wishbone shifts her weight into her hip, allowing a dark hoof to tip into the soil. “In all honesty, Svedka spoke of you fondly. Have you always been in Tephra, Warden?”
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Warden]

Messages In This Thread
    show me the sun; warden - by Wishbone - 12-21-2020, 07:01 PM
    RE: show me the sun; warden - by Warden - 12-21-2020, 08:58 PM
    RE: show me the sun; warden - by Wishbone - 01-02-2021, 02:08 PM
    RE: show me the sun; warden - by Warden - 01-03-2021, 01:00 PM
    RE: show me the sun; warden - by Wishbone - 01-05-2021, 12:53 PM
    RE: show me the sun; warden - by Warden - 01-10-2021, 12:57 PM
    RE: show me the sun; warden - by Wishbone - 01-13-2021, 01:51 PM