• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show me the sun; warden
    it's a mystery to me
    we have a greed with which we have agreed. you think you have to want more than you need; until you have it all you won't be free. and when you think more than you want, your thoughts begin to bleed.
    Wishbone knows what he is thinking. How could a daughter look so different from her father? There is not one inch of Wishbone that looks similar to their father; she is lean and long, blanketed in the deep colors of midnight with only a flash of gold across her face. Not even her eyes — which have remained unchanged — reflect Warrick, for he had been warm and brown where she is fierce and amber. Perhaps the only thing that might remind them of Warrick is the thin scar that travels from her eyebrow down her left cheekbone, narrowly missing her eye. Wishbone can remember her small, fuzzy nose tracing the lines of their father’s scars, her mouth bubbling with questions about their origin.

But this minor detail proves more about the challenges of life than it does her heritage.

Her eyes remain friendly, even while she watches Warden’s pale face frown with the thoughts she knows he’s having. She’s struggled with this new body for many years, and now that she finally feels comfortable in this skin, Wishbone finds herself unaffected by the opinions of others (though has she ever really been affected by such things?). As their conversation shifts, she moves with it. Perhaps she will tell her story another day, but it isn’t exactly material for a first meeting.

“Tephra is one of my favorite places in our world,” she says with fondness, and her eyes jump to the scenery around them briefly. Even her journeys through strange lands full of unfamiliar flora and fauna had paled in comparison to the mighty strength and warm comforts of Tephra. “It isn’t a bad thing to call it home forever.” Wishbone has wandered far and wide, calling many places home, but she has grown in her understanding that this lifestyle is not for everyone. In fact, she is beginning to wonder if she has changed into someone different, someone who prefers settling into one place until her bones melt into the soil.

Warden’s next question fits nicely with her train of thought. Warmth spreads in her chest, seeping into the corners of her body and reminding her that leaving those forgotten shadows of Beqanna had been a good idea. Her amber eyes look into Warden’s face, past the ivory patches and into the deep navy of his eyes. “I’d like to stay if you’ll have me.” She laughs then, and it is both rough and sweet. “I was young and immature when I was Khaleesi, and I’ve learned a lot since then. I can’t say how well I ruled Nerine, but I would love to help as much as you need me.”
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Warden]

Messages In This Thread
    show me the sun; warden - by Wishbone - 12-21-2020, 07:01 PM
    RE: show me the sun; warden - by Warden - 12-21-2020, 08:58 PM
    RE: show me the sun; warden - by Wishbone - 01-02-2021, 02:08 PM
    RE: show me the sun; warden - by Warden - 01-03-2021, 01:00 PM
    RE: show me the sun; warden - by Wishbone - 01-05-2021, 12:53 PM
    RE: show me the sun; warden - by Warden - 01-10-2021, 12:57 PM
    RE: show me the sun; warden - by Wishbone - 01-13-2021, 01:51 PM