• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  I don’t think the world is sold on just doing what we’re told; fairies
    <center><div align=justify style="width:580px;"><font face=merriwether size=2>Leilan’s snowy Isle had been the only place Chem liked to haunt on a semi-permanent basis. Still a more nomadic than stationary by nature, he feels like that may be changing soon. He’s been moving in the idly across the common lands for the last few days; since the heavy, unnatural darkness set in. He’s been rather dreading returning to the cold without any sun. His thick coat protects him from the real biting cold, but it was still rather unpleasant to exist in day in and day out…without day.

Today he decides to head for the Isle now. Time means nothing, it could be the middle of the night or mid-day, it all bleeds together now. The journey to the Isle is more difficult in the pitch black, taking him longer to pick his way across the landscape. Suddenly he’s struck with a familiar smell – it’s Leilan’s scent. He’s headed away from the Isle and he has only recently come through. Where could he be headed then? Alone? Chem sets off after his trail before even reaching the tundra and soon discovers the stallion is headed for the Mountain. He must be up to something interesting then, Chem ponders, smiling to himself.

<i>Well perhaps he will want a little help.</i>

He heads up the slope after him. A treacherous journey to do on hurried feet, but Chemdog is a sturdy brute of a stallion. His hooves find easy purchase even among the shifting rocks and thin paths winding up the side of the dangerous peak. He reaches the top, catching his breath and following his nose to the silhouette of Leilan. He heard the request as he approached, which echoes across the vastness of the summit, and like Leilan, he waits for an answer. They can catch up after.</font></div></center>

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don’t think the world is sold on just doing what we’re told; fairies - by Chemdog - 01-06-2021, 10:47 AM