• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  between the lines of fear and blame | heartfire

you can run but you can't hide
    breath on your skin, I've arrived

A rare smile breaks across Heartfire’s sharp features as she watches the wings emerge from Gale’s shoulders. A smile that highlights what loveliness there is in her normally unassuming demeanor. Had she realized it, the smile would have vanished as swiftly as it came. She had never desired beauty for herself, and she would hate what it revealed.

But she doesn’t realize it, her attention instead fixed on her great grandson’s blossoming confidence and understanding. A gift, free of the strings she might normally attach to them.

“Maybe you have,” she replies softly as her smile fades. She watches him for another moment, her features once again inscrutable. And when she continues, there is a note of a farewell in her tone. “I think you will do well enough for yourself.”

After a long silence, she turns to go, gaze lingering on Gale for only a breath before she turns her attention to distant horizons.

heartfire

@[Gale] I figured I would wrap this thread up unless you had more you wanted to do <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame | heartfire - by Heartfire - 04-21-2021, 09:53 AM