• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what a cunning foe we've met -- dark
    Dark
    “Of course I can hear them.” She tells him sharply, her delicate voice made more harsh by the fear that tightens relentlessly in the hollow of her dark, slender chest. But some of her fear is now directed at him, too. That sound he had made was so like the beasts she now fled that some part of her mind is whispering at her to run from him as well. He might be a monster, you know. That voice whispers, reminds her of the guttural way he had moaned at her, the way his eyes had roved her face and her throat in a way that made her feel cornered.

Maybe everything in the dark is ruined now. Twisted and wrong, corrupted. Maybe it is death she has collided with in the dark, death that draws alongside her to watch the distance she had come from.

Death is not what she expected.

He is gaunt to the point of emaciation, with skin stretched over bones that rise in points like ghastly constellations scattered over the near-black of his body. But she can see hints of blue in the dark, a mottled roan along his jaw that is so like her own color that at another time it might’ve made her smile at him. It is his jaggedness that she is most drawn to though, and the wild that flares in eyes made wide by starvation.

She dances sideways, turning to keep her light armored body out of his reach even while her brown eyes stay soft and curious and riveted to his face. There is something in him that wakes her beyond her fear and flight, that draws sparks over her skin because he watches her like a predator and she is too busy wondering what he looked like before starvation found him. Before those bones were sharp enough to cut holes through the dark of his hide. She forgets to be afraid.

She does not know her mother had loved her father this way too.

“It does.” She tells him, breathes the words as she dances further out of his reach. “I’ll show you.” She doesn’t know why she does it, but her eyes are alight with sparks and fire, her mouth a hard slash of stubborn wildness as she reaches out to touch that gorgeous blue along the ridge of his jaw as she dashes past him. She thinks, from the way he had not stopped staring and the way he had crowded closer to her, that he will surrender to the urge to follow her. To chase.

And for whatever impossible reason, she hopes he does.
    The heaviness that I hold in my heart belongs to gravity.
    Dovev x Luster

@[Balto]

Messages In This Thread
    what a cunning foe we've met -- dark - by Balto - 01-10-2021, 08:09 AM
    RE: what a cunning foe we've met -- dark - by dark - 05-27-2021, 06:39 PM