• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  to the lonely sea and sky

oceane
    a little white light
    in a sea gone black

There is a moment that passes after she has called to Tarian through the darkness that Oceane finds herself bereft and uncertain. Will he be resentful, that she had let him linger in the wasteland of Pangea for an entire year? Certainly, undeniably, the blame is hers to carry, though her acceptance of this neglects to loosen the knot that sits tightly in the center of her stomach. The expression she carries as his face reveals itself minimally in the darkness is one of relief and remorse.

Lady, he greets her, and the knot loosens in her stomach. From what she can tell, there is no evidence of anger in the way he carries himself or in the azure eyes that hold her gaze. Quite the opposite, actually ─ her own gilded eyes linger on that faint smile that twists at the corners of his mouth as he raises his head from a polite nod. She breathes a quiet, terse sigh of relief and forces the tension at her shoulders to relax.

But his easy demeanor doesn't help her to feel absolved of the guilt she carries, so when the silver pegasus asks of Loess, the Queen of the South hesitates for a moment before responding. “Of course,” she murmurs quietly in the dark before raising her opaline head to guarantee direct, genuine eye contact with him, “But I hope you will accept my apologies first.” Where she would usually feel confident in her words, the darkness makes her tentative ─ nigh on impossible to see all of his face or even what may hide in the darkness around them, Oceane forces herself to continue with the silent assurance that they are alone in this conversation, and that Tarian is a reasonable, kind man.

“I would not have allowed them to keep you as long as they did if it had been at all feasible for me to fight for your return,” she tells him quietly, with sadness at the edges, “I'm sorry that I was not better prepared to secure your return, and more so, that I was not better prepared to protect you from being taken.” She tells him of the past year: of the alliance she had secured with Islandres, of her journey to the Mountain and her plea to the Fairies; she divulges the advantage they had granted her, and the task she had been assigned to receive it (namely, stealing Breach from her throne in hopes it would bring an end to the strife between the East and the South), and then she concludes with the addition of Fiorina to Loess' ranks, and her promotion to lead their Vanguard.

“I am hopeful for this next year. With your return and Fiorina's installation, it feels like Loess could be on the upswing.” She smiles then, her ears flicking forward hopefully as she presents him with the offer she had been sitting on for a year:

“I will feel more secure with a Champion of the South in place. I think it is a fitting title for you, if you accept.”

@[Tarian]
      “”

n | v
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    to the lonely sea and sky - by Oceane - 01-10-2021, 06:49 PM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky - by Tarian - 01-14-2021, 01:51 PM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky - by Oceane - 01-20-2021, 06:25 PM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky - by Tarian - 01-23-2021, 10:04 AM