• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Eyes are the soul's windows...
    The golden mare watched with a keen interest as the winged horse approached. She had never seen a flying horse before, although she had heard the tales. As the stranger drew close, the mare snorted and tossed her head, unable to quell her delight. She feigned indifference to the close proximity, although her tail wrung around her hind limbs as a subtle hint to her opinion.

"I came on a ship," the mare said, a distant look beginning to glimmer in her eyes. It was a look that suggested she was seeing into the past with a sort of soft dread intermingled with controlled rage. "The ship capsized in a storm and I was the only one to escape." She swished her tail with agitation at the memory. There was more to the story, but she wasn't ready to divulge her darkest secrets to the stranger.

In truth, she had left her herd to venture to the fabled mountain. Her herd had long abandoned their magical ways, although she could feel it in her veins. An icy spark. And within her heart was an irresistible calling. Arriving at the coast and looking out across the seemingly endless expanse of water, she knew she wasn't ready to make the swim. So, she began to gallop the beaches, seeking out the deepest sand to build her strength, venturing farther and farther into the seas. Every day she grew stronger.

Before she could make the swim, two legged creatures appeared. They were the enemy of legends in her lands, although she had never laid eyes upon them until that fateful day. They saw her lustrous coat and pale eyes and coveted her, knowing she would command a significant sum. She had put up a terrible fight, injuring one, but in the end they overpowered her with their ropes and loaded her onto the ship.

The distant look left her eyes and she again focused on the mare. "My name is Fenestra. Who are you?"

Thanks for informing me of the site wide plot! I don't know what alternative universe I was in that I missed that, and I swear the season was winter too. Night shift brain I guess... I'm a foaling attendant IRL so I am riding the struggle bus on the night shift lol If it doesn't mess up continuity with your character, let's assume this is shortly before the eclipse! Also sorry this took so long, I lost my original response and was super bummed out about having to retype it lol

Messages In This Thread
    Eyes are the soul's windows... - by Fenestra - 01-10-2021, 11:58 PM
    RE: Eyes are the soul's windows... - by Popinjay - 01-13-2021, 11:39 AM
    RE: Eyes are the soul's windows... - by Fenestra - 01-17-2021, 02:40 AM
    RE: Eyes are the soul's windows... - by Popinjay - 01-24-2021, 10:15 PM
    RE: Eyes are the soul's windows... - by Fenestra - 02-01-2021, 11:15 PM
    RE: Eyes are the soul's windows... - by Popinjay - 02-24-2021, 01:00 PM