• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[PQ - in progress] called my demons but gave them back
    Shifting into a cat to climb the Mountain is cheating, dear child. The whole point of the trek is to earn the right to even be there, to stand before powers a mortal cannot truly comprehend and ask for something you do not deserve. If you want to be more, prove it.

Wysteria comes though, looking tired and dull, as if the darkness is quietly sapping the magic from Beqanna itself. Perhaps it truly is. But has anyone actually bothered to stop and ask? Of course not. Instead, they seek only for themselves.

Wysteria says nothing at first, reaching out with her magic to snatch away the shapeshifting that Mazikeen seems too keen to rely on. ”Go, learn what it means to be truly yourself for a while. You were given a true form and you ought to respect that form above all else. While you are at it, try doing something useful for Beqanna before you ask for more.”

She disappears as quickly as she had come, leaving Mazikeen to find her way back down the mountain without any aid of other animal parts.

You have received a quest, but in the process, lost your shapeshifting. You must have 3 threads learning to appreciate your equine form above all else, and 1 thread where you do something useful for Beqanna (i.e. go kill a monster or something).
    Please tag in replies

Messages In This Thread
    called my demons but gave them back - by Mazikeen - 01-11-2021, 04:21 PM
    RE: called my demons but gave them back - by Wysteria Fairy - 01-13-2021, 11:20 AM