• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm meaner than my demons, beyza
    i think i'm better on my own but i get so lost in you
    She disliked the darkness, but not for what it was.

She disliked it because she did not know where it came from, she did not understand its origins and did not know how to make it leave. 

She disliked it because it made her feel powerless and caught off guard, and put her on an edge she was not used to being on. 

Desire is not as strong as she liked to pretend she is; she did not have the magic that others did, like her twin that can drain life forces and give it back if he so pleases. Her love illusionism had always been more of a game to her than a true power, and it was utterly useless in this situation. Her ability to see in the dark was the only thing proving its worth, but it was not enough.

She worried for Pangea in this dark. Her mind could not shake the idea that the other lands might be better equipped to deal with this, that the moment their immunity was up they would see fit to strike (her predecessors had not earned them many allies, and while Desire was not planning on continuing what they had started, she did not want to assume that would be the case for their previous targets). 

She had Jamie, though, and Beyza, and that was enough, for now, to set her mind at ease.

It is Beyza that she searches for now, though she is not too hard to find. Even without a glow, she would stand out in the dark; she was white in a way that her mother had once been before she had become an angel. Bright and white in a way that reflected light back into the darkness even on the cloudiest of nights, and Beyza, with her white eyes and white hooves, is no different.

“Beyza,” she calls to her, navigating her way across the desert terrain to draw herself alongside her. “I’m glad that you’re still here,” she tells her with a smile, that while small and nearly guarded, is still genuine. She has never been very good at making friends, which is why she rarely tried, but she finds that she does not want Beyza to dislike her.  “You seemed unsure of the shadows the last time we were together,” she continues, her dark eyes drifting upward to the faint light that rings the objects frozen in the sky,  “how are you now, with darkness everywhere that we turn?”

i think i'm better on my own but i'm so obsessed with you
    desire

Messages In This Thread
    I'm meaner than my demons, beyza - by Desire - 01-12-2021, 03:36 AM
    RE: I'm meaner than my demons, beyza - by Beyza - 01-18-2021, 04:43 PM
    RE: I'm meaner than my demons, beyza - by Desire - 02-22-2021, 10:36 PM
    RE: I'm meaner than my demons, beyza - by Beyza - 04-03-2021, 10:09 PM