• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm meaner than my demons, beyza

Beyza’s curious about Desire and is pleased to hear her name called by the galaxy decorated mare - pleased for a chance to get get to talk to her, find out what she’s like. Especially since Desire took up the mantle of leadership.

But even without getting to know her, she imagines the mare next to her will be a better leader than their last. That bar is far underground, wherever Straia had disappeared to.

A small smile dances through her crystalline eyes at the mention of the shadows and the last time they had seen each other. “Last time, I worried about what the shadows thought of me. They’ve never been particularly fond of me.” She doesn’t think she needs to elaborate on that point, it feels pretty obvious. Even in this darker-than-night, she stands out. It has always felt like the shadows slide off of her body - or are repulsed by it, as Jamie had been when they were younger. That sting never really faded. The shadows don’t even respond to her magic all the time, though she’s sure she should be able to at least control them a little.

Her smile turns a little sly as she adds with a light trace of humour in her voice. “But now they don’t really have a choice.”

There is a brief moment where Beyza considers keeping what she’s done a secret - only Jamie knows. She hadn’t even told Anaxarete the whole story, though the shadow-mare might have glean or taken the knowledge for herself all the same.

Still, Desire was lead of Pangea now - and Beyza intended to stay here. It would be good to know what the other mare thought of magic, and specifically what Beyza could do (and has done) with it. So she decides to test the waters and now takes her turn looking up to the black expanse of the sky. She keeps her voice carefully neutral, all the better to allow her to focus on discerning Desire's reaction. “I think I played a part in all this, actually.”

beyza

artwork by kharthian

@[Desire]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm meaner than my demons, beyza - by Desire - 01-12-2021, 03:36 AM
    RE: I'm meaner than my demons, beyza - by Beyza - 01-18-2021, 04:43 PM
    RE: I'm meaner than my demons, beyza - by Desire - 02-22-2021, 10:36 PM
    RE: I'm meaner than my demons, beyza - by Beyza - 04-03-2021, 10:09 PM