• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm meaner than my demons, beyza

It is easy to like the mare she’s standing with, Beyza thinks, as her own smile brightens a little at the laugh her remarks about the shadows inspire. She appreciates too the advice given, how she should never worry what anyone thinks of her - Beyza was in a poor habit of either not caring at all or caring too much. Perhaps she’d be better off if she stuck to the former.

Desire asks what makes Beyza think she had anything to do with the darkness, and there’s a small smile tugging at the corner of her mouth when she replies (she is proud, after all, even if she is also a little concerned). “I was trying to make it happen.” There’s a short moment where she almost leaves it there, but she continues on to explain as best as she can. “I went into the afterlife among others for an odd quest before this began, and while I was there, I was caught by Death itself and bargained in exchange for two deaths I reversed. I agreed to make sacrifices, replace the souls I stole with new ones.” She doesn’t know why, but she doesn’t share the piece of the story that binds her to Jamie - how she was sure he was Death, living among them, and this had all been for him. That sliver of his identity does not feel like something she should share. Not yet, anyway.

And maybe, for once, Beyza hears her own words and realizes that they sound insane. But she is a magician that’s been able to do incredible feats since she was a child. This insanity is the world she has grown up in, and bringing around an eclipse for the sake of Death, a colt she had grown up with, actually doesn’t seem all that strange to her.

She wonders what Desire thinks and watches the star-strewn mare, forgetting her thoughts of just a few moments ago and concerning herself with what her new leader thinks of her. “It all is a little… fantastical when spoken outloud. And I don’t know for sure - but… weirder things have happened in Beqanna. I was crafted by a magician from pieces of two white mares, the earth swallowed the usurper who tried to change Pangea into something else…” There were far too many examples to list, surely Desire had seen her own fair share and go the point. “The day my last sacrifice was made was the day the eclipse began and I don’t know if I believe in coincidences that significant.”

beyza

artwork by kharthian

@[Desire] don't look at how long it took me to write this reply

Messages In This Thread
    I'm meaner than my demons, beyza - by Desire - 01-12-2021, 03:36 AM
    RE: I'm meaner than my demons, beyza - by Beyza - 01-18-2021, 04:43 PM
    RE: I'm meaner than my demons, beyza - by Desire - 02-22-2021, 10:36 PM
    RE: I'm meaner than my demons, beyza - by Beyza - 04-03-2021, 10:09 PM