• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a beautiful oblivion; Sabra
    "Jaaa-aack, where are yoooouuu?" I sing it out loud, the darkness seeming to amplify my voice. Then louder, more insistent: 

"JACKEL!" 

The forest shifts around me as I move, my ears flickering every which way as the night writhes. We speak their names, invite them in, and so they're here. 
    The darkness lives and breathes and hungers. It wants and needs and I? I am the one they have chosen to feed it. 

The time has come, your time has come

They whisper as I walk, as they always have. But the tune has changed. My steps are lighter, my head is higher. I have purpose, and it must be shared. Which leads me to... 

"JACKEL!" 

I huff as I come through a tangle of roots, cursing them as I go. But there's a sound in the dark, a rustling and the Voices lean in. I breath in, thin ribs creaking as they expand around the air. "There you are!" I sigh with relief. My wings shudder, light flickering from my flanks as they're revealed and shuttered once more. 

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick
    Jack fell in with a lunatic

Oh, shut up. 

@[Jackel]

Messages In This Thread
    a beautiful oblivion; Sabra - by Jackel - 01-13-2021, 05:59 PM
    RE: a beautiful oblivion; Sabra - by Sabra - 01-17-2021, 12:07 AM