• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  where you gonna run to?

for so long had my teeth held my tongue from a venomous voice
    but the poison has passed from my lips to my hands, an incendiary point

It happens so quickly but it leaves Breach shaken.

She can feel it, down in her bones, that something is wrong—more than Mazikeen standing before her now, stripped of her power. More than even the wounds across her haunches that do not heal. More than the darkness that has stolen across Beqanna and has not lifted. She feels it in her every cell.

Something permanent, unsettling.

She glances up at Mazikeen, studying her friend’s face with an intensity that is not entirely unusual for her but is still pointed. It lights up her features, causing that crackling glow around her to expand just a little further. She wants to laugh at Maze’s joke—she does—but that feeling doesn’t leave.

The area around them is lit between Maze’s fire and her electric glow, casting shadows across their faces. Breach hisses in a breath as wind picks up, the cold air against the split flesh an unusual pain for her. By the time, she was used to it already beginning to close up on its own, sealing of its own accord.

But it doesn’t.

Something shifts in her again and she swings her head to the side, peering into the darkness.

Something…wrong.

“I have to go,” she says abruptly, biting her lip. She reaches out to bump her nose against Maze’s cheek, managing to give her a smile. “Take care of things for me while I’m gone, okay?” the smile fades as she shifts into her favored form of a hawk, spearing across the sky toward the source of her fear.

though ritual pyre sending smoke to the sky as the building continues to burn
    though rapt in the ruin, the pain in the grave, is lies you leave tied to the earth

Messages In This Thread
    where you gonna run to? - by Mazikeen - 01-14-2021, 07:56 PM
    RE: where you gonna run to? - by breach - 01-30-2021, 07:04 PM
    RE: where you gonna run to? - by Mazikeen - 01-30-2021, 07:53 PM
    RE: where you gonna run to? - by breach - 01-31-2021, 03:52 PM
    RE: where you gonna run to? - by Mazikeen - 01-31-2021, 07:36 PM
    RE: where you gonna run to? - by Random Event - 01-31-2021, 08:36 PM
    RE: where you gonna run to? - by breach - 02-19-2021, 11:32 PM
    RE: where you gonna run to? - by Mazikeen - 02-25-2021, 09:14 PM
    RE: where you gonna run to? - by breach - 02-27-2021, 11:30 PM