• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  moon's rising and my blood is growing cold

CASIMIRA

dragon-shifting daughter of ashhal and ryatah

She isn’t sure how long the eclipse had been here before she actually noticed it had been dark for too long. Casimira was a girl that tended to be too much inside of her own mind; overanalyzing every little thing, tying her worries up into knots that sit between the cracks of her ribs. She didn’t think of Badden anymore—not since Savior and the twins. When he did cross her mind it was only by association; her mind following her trail of worries back to the idea he had left because there was something wrong with her, and that it was only a matter of time before Savior discovered all of those same flaws.

While she spent more time in Tephra than she had expected—especially after the dark had set in since she felt better when the four of them were together—today she finds herself in Hyaline again.

Hyaline was where she had first learned to have true control over her shifting. The place where Breach had taught her that she could be a dragon and not instantly turn into some feral beast with no rational thought.
    The cold mountains had maintained a hold on her that no other place ever has, and so she returned to here when her mind felt too heavy.

She is stepping quietly along a path that led away from the lake, finding that in the dark the usually mirror-like water was suddenly ominous. There was no light to reflect off the surface, leaving instead the illusion of a gaping, bottomless hole. She didn't like to stare into the dark like that for too long; didn't like the way it felt as though it would drown her from the outside.

A flash of light causes her to pause, her ice-blue eyes swiftly narrowing into a draconic shape. With her dragon vision she was able to pick out the source of the flames—the familiar mare she knew to be a long-time Hyaline resident—and while Casimira was not always the social sort, she found herself drawn to the fire. “I did not know you could control fire,” she comments softly, curiously. Suddenly self-conscious of the fact that she has made it known that she knows who this girl is despite never speaking to her, she adds hastily, “My name is Casimira.”

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: moon's rising and my blood is growing cold - by Casimira - 01-27-2021, 12:25 AM