• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  moon's rising and my blood is growing cold

CASIMIRA

dragon-shifting daughter of ashhal and ryatah

She notices the change in the other mare’s expression. While she feels partially guilty that shifting the topic from herself she had turned it to something Maze didn’t want to talk about, the relief that washed over her was impossible to ignore. Truthfully, she was surprised that Breach had even been willing to allow her to try living here. She had been upfront about her reluctance to shift, but the chance to live close to mother had somehow abated some of that. Ryatah could heal any damage she inflicted, is what she had told herself. 

She didn’t like to think about how the things that she could do would be beyond her mother’s ability. 

Maze speaks of going to the mountain, and she tilts her head curiously. Casimira has never been to the mountain herself but she has heard stories of it and knew it was the source of Beqanna’s magic. She assumes it is where her dragon shifting had come from, though she isn’t sure why— sn’t sure what she had done to have it bestowed upon her, and sometimes she wonders if it had been meant as a gift, and someone was watching her in disgust as she destroyed it. “It sounds like it’s not meant to be permanent, at least?” She offers with a gentle hopefulness, for while she cannot relate—she is not attached to her shifting at all—she can see that being without it has bothered the other girl.

She is surprised though when the topic again turns back to her. Without meaning to her face seems to tighten, not necessarily going hard, but certainly becoming more guarded. “I can’t always control things in my dragon form,” she tells her, her voice growing quiet. “It feels like my mind goes black. I’ve gotten better, with practice, but I still avoid it, mostly.” She hesitates, debating if she should reveal more of herself. Something about the pressing dark and the orange glow of the firelight makes her feel safe, and so she continues, saying, “I have not shifted since the Alliance. And I chose not to finish because…” she trails off for a moment, biting the inside of her cheek. “I was worried I couldn't handle another round without accidentally...killing someone.”

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: moon's rising and my blood is growing cold - by Casimira - 02-28-2021, 03:38 AM