• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  moon's rising and my blood is growing cold

CASIMIRA

dragon-shifting daughter of ashhal and ryatah

“I don’t think it’s supposed to be like that,” she answers with a small smile. Casimira has always recognized that she was likely a rarity, even among dragon shifters. Many of them could either entirely control themselves in either form, or they were simply so naturally draconic—already nearly feral, with a raw kind of power that an equine form could hardly harness— that it was almost like they didn’t notice. For her, it was like being overpowered by something that wasn’t even her.

She was envious of other shifters, but she has learned that jealousy will not get her anywhere. All she can hope for is that if any of her children were to inherit dragon shifting is that they take after their father—the idea of Savior ever losing control in his dragon form was unfathomable to her—and not her.

Maze asks her if she had ever considered going to the mountain to ask to have her shifting removed, and while she had halfway been expecting the question, she still never knows how to answer. She knows her answer — she just does not know how to verbalize the tumultuous, tangled thoughts. “I thought about it, once,” she begins, feeling over her words carefully. “But something about asking it to be taken away feels too much like failure.” She shakes her head with a rueful smile. “I already fail at being able to control myself in it. I’ve learned to count being able to not shift into it uncontrollably as a success.”

I was thinking since Maze's quest was considered a success this could be a closer <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: moon's rising and my blood is growing cold - by Casimira - 03-21-2021, 02:33 AM