• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

eyes like sinking ships; cheri/anyone

one lives in hope of becoming a memory

I heard her scream in my ears and in my head. An image of pure terror that I can’t even begin to describe pops into my mind, and before I even realized what I was doing, I was racing in the direction of her scream. “Cheri!” I call out into the darkness, even though it would do no good. That is my sister, I kept thinking as I raced through the underbrush, barely dodging past massive trees that spring up in my path that are hard to see in the darkness. My glowing markings would not help me here, not with how fast I was running.

My heart was pounding in my throat, having jumped up there from its normal spot in my chest, or at least that’s what it feels like, but I ignore that, focusing on getting to Cheri.

When I finally come barreling into the small space where she was being attacked, I find that I am not the first to come racing from the darkness to her side. I had somehow missed the emotional signatures of Reynard, as well as Elegance (who I had yet to meet), and a complete stranger to our funky little family. But now I couldn’t miss them, as I opened myself to the echoes to try to sort things out. There was no room to rush in and try to save Cheri, as the other three had already taken up their positions, so I swerve back and forth, trying to figure out something I could do that would help.

I watch as Elegance tries to pull Cheri away from the monster that Reynard and the stranger were attacking, feeling helpless alongside all the other emotions roiling up in my head. But then both Elegance and Cheri stumble forward as the boys’ attacks leave the monster to fend them off. In their absence, I rush forward, goaded on by Cheri’s scream to “kill it!” It’s hard to explain the feelings going through my head at that moment, but they were something akin to fury and blood lust as I dove into the fray.

Without Cheri to attack, the monster turns its attention on Reynard, no doubt sensing he is smaller than the strange horse, so an easier target. Between the glowing markings of myself and Cheri and the little fireflies surrounding Elegance, I can just barely make out the monster’s black figure as it dashes toward Reynard. I don’t know if this will work, but I bombard the thing with echoes of fear and anger while squarely aiming a small hoof at its underside. Then I throw my head down, trying to ram it away from my brother with my small horns.

I let out a blood curdling, angry scream just as the thing turns its attentions away from Reynard and toward the strange horse. I don’t know who he is, but this monster had messed with my family, so I will absolutely protect him from the thing, too. I fully intend on killing the thing, just as Cheri had instructed us to.

memorie

Photo by Saffu from Unsplash

@[Targaryen] @[Cheri] @[Reynard] @[Elegance]
    Sorry, the whole family is throwing its weight behind Cheri, and I couldn’t let Memorie miss out on that. XD

Messages In This Thread
    RE: eyes like sinking ships; cheri/anyone - by Memorie - 01-31-2021, 05:45 PM