• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the world out there has teeth, Beyza
    Ryatah

— there's something tragic about you, something so magic about you, don't you agree?

She had thought that knowing what caused Este to be so sickly would bring some kind of relief, but at Beyza’s words, all she feels is despair. Light. She needs light, and she was born into a world that had none of it. She looks down at the rose-dappled girl, bathed in the glows of both her mother and her sister, but their light alone is not enough. She needs sunlight, and Ryatah is at a loss on how to bring that back.

“I could ask Carnage,” but even as she says it there is no confidence in the words. She has no doubt that he could bring the sun back; they have created children in far-off galaxies and in a valley that no longer exists, she does not see why he couldn’t also put an end to the eclipse. Most likely, he didn’t care, and he was waiting for someone to grow tired of the dark enough to ask him for help.

She wasn’t interested in saving all of Beqanna, though.
    She just wanted to save Este.

In the light that exists between them she finds Beyza’s pale eyes, and reaches to again touch her nose to her cheek. “Thank you, Beyza.” She shakes her head though at what her daughter says, concern lingering in her nearly black eyes. “I don’t think bringing the sun back is that simple. I’m sure whatever triggered the eclipse and caused it to last this long isn’t simple, either.”
    there's something wretched about this, something so precious about this, oh what a sin —

@[Beyza]

Messages In This Thread
    the world out there has teeth, Beyza - by Ryatah - 01-31-2021, 05:59 PM
    RE: the world out there has teeth, Beyza - by Ryatah - 02-15-2021, 11:23 PM