• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Cool with wasting my time [ANY]
    Alone again, as I always seem to be.
    The sky’s still dark. Hasn’t changed for weeks. You’d think I wouldn’t fly at a time like this, but I’m not worried about smacking into mountains or trees. Not from this high up. I’m not even worried about meeting another horse along the way; the apocalypse had done a pretty good job of scaring mediocre flyers right out of the sky.

I thought it was weird enough how everything had started to rapidly adapt to the end times. Wild animals and the weather had been acting out of turn, probably just as confused as the rest of us. Beqanna though… it seemed like the intersected moon and sun had woken up the freaks. This was their time to shine - when it was darkest, and I smiled to myself at the thought, flapping my wings to soar through a bloodred cloud. It looked like a bloody sunset everywhere, the world drenched in black and crimson. The end that never came; a weird reminder that hope couldn’t be found on any coming horizon.

There wouldn’t be a tomorrow. We were all stuck in the eternal present, and I liked to think of myself as the freakiest of all to be so at home here.

But I was getting tired. Tired of flying, that is. I’d been travelling often lately, moving from one location to the next without settling down for much longer than a few nights. Thanks to my b*tch of a mother for displacing me and disowning me, I was a hapless b*stard nomad. I couldn’t just charm my way out of destitution like I’d done when I’d been an orphan. Cute smiles didn’t work with my jagged, arrogant mouth anymore. I didn’t have it in me.

I only had a few moments to land. My shoulders already felt numb and my wings were heavy as rocks on my back. Teetering down from the sky, I circled haphazardly in search of a quiet place to spend a night dead on my hooves, already irritated that the closest nearby cover was a forest. Great, I thought, more woods. I didn’t have a choice, though. The weather fouled like my mood, darkening before bursting out into rain, and I soggily landed among the trees and their quiet secrets.

Narcisus

[Image: decgetu-410f2b50-f05d-4438-bd4c-5d54e999...4Ft1YXr36M]

Messages In This Thread
    Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Narcisus - 02-08-2021, 02:50 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Calavera - 02-08-2021, 04:44 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Narcisus - 02-09-2021, 11:24 AM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Calavera - 02-10-2021, 07:47 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Narcisus - 02-19-2021, 01:07 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Calavera - 02-28-2021, 07:28 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Narcisus - 03-10-2021, 02:11 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Sabra - 04-15-2021, 03:41 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Narcisus - 04-19-2021, 02:45 PM