• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Cool with wasting my time [ANY]
    My daughter, pathetic as a wisp of melting cotton candy, shrinks on herself as my voice cracks over her. Spineless. I wonder what on earth went wrong when she was conceived, to make such a wretched scrap. A waste of a fuck, if we're being honest. 

Ah, but then there's the other nuisance now. Gangly, growling upstart. My own ears bury in the pastel tufts of my mane in echo of him, a jagged grin cutting my lips. He's hard to pin down. My eyes slide on his skin, a fragmented image stuttering in and out of view. Imposing, handsome, bony, cruel. Several versions of the youth flicker in and out of focus, and I sneer at them all. 

"You're quite sure of yourself for a homeless brat." I commented, voice more commentary than cruel. I approach him with light steps, static building on my skin, enough to potentially arc if we are near enough. I dearly hope we are. It's a party trick, nothing more, but one that stings. 

And like the sun breaking through a bank of thunderheads, my mood shifts. I laugh, a silver-bell sound in the gloom. Calavera shifts slightly, a little tension easing from her bow-string body. She is out of the limelight, and the danger is dispersing. 

"You're lucky I like a little cheek," I sigh, eyes rolling heavenward. "Calavera," she straightened at the sound of her name, "take care of our guest. Show him around." That he was not to be let out of her sight I assumed went without saying. Of course. Assuming anything with her was asking for disappointment. 

@[Narcisus]

Messages In This Thread
    Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Narcisus - 02-08-2021, 02:50 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Calavera - 02-08-2021, 04:44 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Narcisus - 02-09-2021, 11:24 AM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Calavera - 02-10-2021, 07:47 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Narcisus - 02-19-2021, 01:07 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Calavera - 02-28-2021, 07:28 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Narcisus - 03-10-2021, 02:11 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Sabra - 04-15-2021, 03:41 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Narcisus - 04-19-2021, 02:45 PM
    RE: Cool with wasting my time [ANY] - by Sabra - 05-03-2021, 04:13 PM