• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

now she thinks i like her; colby pony
    CrownS
    There is a part of him that believes he cannot fear death. He is eternal, and its claws can never find their way around his throat, so he dismisses thoughts of the great beyond as quickly as they come. But there is another part of him that knows there are secrets he does not grasp. When Rosebay had poisoned him, he could hear the wailing and the gnashing teeth. He was inches from the twisting nether and it haunts him in his sleep.

But he has not slept in months and the memory is thin now. There is only peace when his eyes meet hers and that soft voice comes to curl around his ears. He likes the way she pronounces his name in her soft tones, giving him a title and offering her name in return. His smile only widens then. Crowns takes another step closer and considers her questions for a moment.

More often than some, I suppose,” he answers with a shrug. “I used to just have wings and scales and teeth. Now I can do all kinds of tricks.

A gentle laugh tumbles up from his lungs and down his chin. He only ever calls them tricks because they are never sinister or dark by nature, only mischievous at best. But maybe she wouldn’t see them that way? His laughter goes quiet and his smile loses a few watts of that dazzling charm. Maybe she doesn’t love the night and the unusual as dearly as he does. Maybe she misses the sun and the summer.

Is it too dark for you?
    you got me on my knees; i'm your one-man cult.
    [/quote]

@[Narya]

Messages In This Thread
    now she thinks i like her; colby pony - by crowns - 02-08-2021, 08:44 PM
    RE: now she thinks i like her; colby pony - by crowns - 04-03-2021, 09:10 PM