• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you say you want your freedom, any

The light that meets the dark

Taiga was as abundant with foals as it seemed to be with trees, a crop sprouting up each year from thin air (although Cheri knew perfectly well where they really came from) and the previous batch working their way slowly up toward the sky. She wasn’t obtuse enough to think that it would be like that everywhere, she just didn’t necessarily expect there to be horses near her age so close by. And… in Silver Cove, she guessed. Couldn’t forget about that.

Honestly, the farther out Starlore led her, the less Cheri was inclined to give into negativity at all. She could almost laugh at herself for cowering like a frightened wimp, the image of her begging Starlore to spare her life now a comical rerun in her thoughts. Sure, so there might be danger here, but if there was it wasn’t any bother to Cheri anymore. Not when real danger lurked everywhere and darkness seemed to fully overshadow her father’s territorial concerns.

If Yanhua had enemies here once upon a time, they were his demons to battle — not his to pass on to Cheri.

The appaloosa mare would rather laugh along with Starlore’s description of the Cove’s leader, hopeful that she’d never come across her without good reason, and agree with a whole-hearted “me too” at his desire to leave the nest. “Don’t get me wrong,” Cheri huffed, trotting along carefully, “I love my home, love my family there.” She explained.

“But —” and there was always a but, “It’s not everything, you know? There’s more to life for me, I like to think.” Her mouth curved agreeably.

She looked up at the rim of light veiling Starlore’s face and studied him thoughtfully from a few paces behind, the smell of water rich in her nose. They must be nearing this lake he spoke of, then. It really was nearby, like he’d said.

“Where do you think you’ll go Starlore?” Cheri asked him as she slowed from a leg-swinging trot down into a reaching walk, her legs wet from the unseen dew hidden among the grass. “Maybe someday I’ll come find you there, and we could talk again. I don’t have any friends outside of the redwood forest, really; it would be nice to reconnect if we all make it out of this hell alive.” She laughed. She really couldn't help herself.

@[starlore]

Messages In This Thread
    you say you want your freedom, any - by starlore - 02-09-2021, 03:15 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 02-09-2021, 06:51 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 02-20-2021, 06:15 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 02-26-2021, 12:09 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 03-09-2021, 12:36 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 03-21-2021, 11:59 AM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 04-06-2021, 01:52 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 04-15-2021, 10:46 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 04-27-2021, 02:28 PM