• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you say you want your freedom, any

The light that meets the dark

Of course she would remember, and of course Cheri told herself she’d go looking for Starlore someday in the future if there were days to be counted in their future at all. He would still be alive if she was, right? And so naturally, she assumed that if she could make it to the other side of this Eclipse then so could he. The way he’d confronted her on the silver shoreline of his home turf stuck out in Cheri’s mind as admirable; Starlore might’ve thought differently, but Cheri considered it a trait of the more capable to defend their home even if they thought they couldn’t stand a chance against whomever or whatever might be invading. He was brave. She judged him a good kind of horse, the kind worth finding and giving a proper thanks to when she could.

“Or maybe he’ll come and find you first.” The black filly thought to herself warmly, enjoying the sound of Starlore’s laughter and how it chased away the dark worry inside of her for a moment.

“I know that!” She squealed, mock indignant at his explanation of the natural world and how it so obviously functioned. “I know rocks don’t break themselves and I know it wasn’t me, you shiny jerk.” She flicked away the touch of his nose lightly, extending her wing that was nearest to his side. All the while she was beaming like a charmed imp, obviously happy and meaning no offense. “Didn’t you think for a second that it might’ve been you who broke it?” Cheri tried to slowly guide him to that conclusion as well, emphasizing his involvement.

There’d been her and him, alone on the beach. If it wasn’t her… “it was you, duh.” She thought, shaking her head with a soft, girlish laugh.

“My parents are convinced emotions tie directly to a horse’s magic.” Cheri told Starlore, turning away from the water to face the direction they came in again. She should be getting back… time had passed so quickly that she wasn’t sure if it’d been hours already or only a few minutes. “You were pretty emotional back there. All “i’M nOt AfaRaID oF YoU’!” The pegasus filly mocked him playfully as she hopped a few steps forward into the shivering grass. “I bet if you felt that away again, it would happen.”

@[starlore]

Messages In This Thread
    you say you want your freedom, any - by starlore - 02-09-2021, 03:15 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 02-09-2021, 06:51 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 02-20-2021, 06:15 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 02-26-2021, 12:09 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 03-09-2021, 12:36 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 03-21-2021, 11:59 AM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 04-06-2021, 01:52 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 04-15-2021, 10:46 PM
    RE: you say you want your freedom, any - by Cheri - 04-27-2021, 02:28 PM