• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  in hell i'll be in good company, plumeria
    i ain’t the strongest hickory that your ax has ever felled
    but i’m a hickory just as well, i’m a hickory all the same
    She can feel the way his heart beats against his chest, and how even after all of these years her own heart quickens to keep time with his. It isn’t a mystery to her because her heart has never beat for anyone else. It had been his from the very moment they met, and everyone else in her life became hardly even an afterthought. Her heart loved him more than it could ever love anyone else, even broken into a thousand pieces.

He pulls her closer at the feel of something creeping in the dark, and through the fear there is the familiar flood of warmth that his touch brings.

She almost forgets to be afraid.
    Tucked against his side and with her face into his chest, eyes closed, it is easy to forget that darkness presses all around them and does not exist just behind her eyelids. With only the smell of him in her nose and their hearts beating against each other she forgets that something is coming for them—for her.

The shadow-tendrils that reach for her are so light, so delicate, that she doesn't feel them.
    She doesn't feel the way they snake up her legs like vines, wrapping around the middle of her and around her neck.

She doesn't feel it until all at once they tighten and pull, ripping her away from him with a strength that takes her breath away, silencing the scream in her throat. It pulls her straight into a mass of something darker, something larger, and maybe it is a mouth with teeth but she isn't looking at where she is being pulled to, she is looking for Jarris. 

She tries to scream his name and she thinks maybe she does, because she can feel the shape of it in her mouth before it is filled with shadows, and then all at once, she is gone.
    plumeria

@[jarris]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: in hell i'll be in good company, plumeria - by Plumeria - 02-21-2021, 07:12 PM